What does it mean to become a Picker?
Have you ever thought you can earn money selling (licensing) online the photos and videos you shoot with your smartphone?
Being a Picker means you are part of a large community of people from all around the world who use smartphones to publish their content on picwant.com.
Content on the site is licensed to clients who need material for their projects: publishing, advertising, digital, blogging, anything! If one of your images or videos is downloaded and paid by a client, you receive a royalty (30% of the price being paid).
How can you start?
Well, download the free app and send your mobile photos and videos (click HERE to see how it works.). Then, your content will be reviewed by our photo editors and, if accepted, it will be on Picwant website. If rejected, you’ll find reasons and suggestions in the app, in the portfolio section. This is a process that could take some time: in the meantime, the pictures are marked as “pending”.
The first time, your portfolio will be published on the website only once you reach 5 content accepted, and once you send to Picwant the agreement signed. Then, you are a Picker and your content can be available online, ready for potential customers.
If you want some inspirations, take a look at the pic-ups, the missions where we describe themes, subjects, events, scenarios, etc. that we’d like to display in our library.
Here below you find some pieces that give you mobile photography tips and can help you in your first steps:
- Tips for travel photography
- Improve your commercial photos
- Creative people photography
- Street photography and its endless possibilities
- Still-life photos, hints to get creative indoors
- 10 tips for shooting food
- 7 tips for using color and contrast in photography
- 11 useful tips for street photography
- 13 images that use sunset as an empowering element
- 14 interesting shots subject to the weather condition
- 10 great images taken at the right moment
- Editor’s thoughts – Photo and video illustration
- Editor’s thoughts – About news
- Editor’s thoughts – Instagram and copyright
- Editor’s thoughts – Portrait pictures
- Editor’s thoughts – Lifestyle images
- Editor’s thoughts – Quality of the images
- Editor’s thoughts – Tips on travel photography
- Editor’s thoughts – Wellbeing magazines
- Funfairs? Some apps to take creative shots
- Model release
- Title, info and keywords
- Creative VS Editorial photography
- How Picwant editors choose images
- Telling every day stories through several shots
- Photos and Copy Space
Who are we?
Picwant is made by professionals of the photography industry with over 20 years of experience.
Are you ready to be a Picker? Download the free app, available for iOS and Android. More info on how it works here.