The Picwant App lets you send photos and videos to picwant.com, the website where people from the publishing, advertising and corporate world come to search and buy (license) content for their communication. The content you send is evaluated by our editors. If accepted, it may be sold and you can earn royalties.
This is not a social platform. We want to sell, not share, your content!
How to use the App:
Shooting and uploading
- Choose Camera and then either choose to shoot an image/video or pick one from your library.
Example 1: you are out having fun with friends and don’t want to take pictures and send stright away. No problem: take them normally and then when you are at home use the app to upload content from your camera roll.
Example 2: you are walking on the street and suddenly something happens: take a picture or video using the app and send it. The content is immediately on our servers and a news website could use it straight away.
- Add the title, location and as many relevant keywords (tags) as possible. Everything you see in the image including concepts like relax, fun, etc. Keywords are very important! They are used to find content on the website.
- If recognizable people are included in your shot, you should ask them to sign a model release, so that we can publish content for commercial uses. Doing this is simple: when touching “next” after you have input your keywords, just press “Add model release(s)” and insert all the relevant information.
If you do add model releases, you can add as many signtures as the number of people included in the shot.
You can skip the model release section by pressing “Skip and send”.
- Next screen is a recap of the inserted data. You can still edit text here. If everything is ok, you press “Send” and the content is on our servers. In real time. (Please note: speed of upload depends on connection quality and if you are using WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE Cellular).
– You can see the status of your content (Accepted, Rejected or Pending) on the portfolio section of the app (the first icon on the left): click on the stats icon on top left after entering the portfolio section and choose the status you want to see.
You can change the view between grid and list. Click on any thumbnail to see the entire image and details.
In the rejected section, you can also read our editors’ comments while in the accepted you have the keywords inserted by you and editors who works also on images keywords.
By selecting the profile icon, you can access your data.
Notifications and messages
The target icon gives you access to our notifications system. The balloons icon let’s you read our messages and pic-ups (our misisons) and write/reply to us using the text box on top. On the lower right side you can press the target icon and see the list of our pic-ups.
Select the “world” icon to access our blog and read our latest news, activities and get inspired!
– By selecting the help icon (the one on the right), you can read this document and report issues.
Remember: Copyright of the content you send will always remain your
Thanks for reading. Now start sending and become a Picker!
If you have any question about the app email us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need more info on how to become a Picker click here!