Hello! Here is another column to illustrate few key points on images production and sales.
Topics of this week, are the file size, the resolution and the quality of the images.
The quality of your images or videos will depend by intrinsic factors of the camera phone, like sharpness, noise, color accuracy, exposure accuracy etc. and also by postproduction factors, like contrast, color balance, color saturation etc.
– I’d like to stress how it is important to start with a good quality image, therefore to own a good smartphone with good technical feature; if you are thinking to get a new one, check the camera sensor and the storage capacity.
– producing photos with a high number of pixels is not the only information you need to check in order to detect a good quality camera phone.
– please remember we do accept a minimum size of 3000 pixel on the longest side with rectangular format and 2000 pixel if the format is squared. Most of the latest smartphones will produce a 5 megabyte file, hence the size requirements will be met as per our request, but will not always meet the quality standard.
– take the habit of enlarging the images as much as you can on your screen, to check sharpness and exposure. Most of the images at a thumbnail size do look cute.
– please do not send images that have been cropped and interpolated. Once the file is enlarged, pixel becomes big as nuts. We cannot consider and accept these files as artistic decisions, i.e. add noise to achieve a groovy or grungy feel. The effect you achieve is a block of color with not enough information in it and there for not good enough for a sell.
– a high quality file will have more opportunity of usages; for examples, can be picked for billboards, posters, magazine spreads.
Your input (question or feedback) is always welcome!!