Hello, this column is dedicated to illustrate few key points on images production and sales.
Today I’d like to share with you a couple of tips on travel photography.
Everybody move from one place to another; travelling doesn’t have to be an adventure all the time: you can commute for work, you can take a trip for leisure, or for holiday; wandering is one of the most current activity. Hence it is very likely that travel photography will be a large part of your photographic production.
– I recommend you do a bit of homework and research the location before your trip; internet is a great place to start for information and to help you visualize your ideas.
– general view of famous holidays destination are most likely to be picked if they include a landmark, an icon or a symbol of that place.
– create a story. do not settle on a couple of nice pictures, put together a sequence of images to document your travel
– always shoot vertical and horizontal of each subject and compare which one has the better composition. horizontal format works better for landscape and panoramic views, but if your main subject is vertical (i.e. a building, a mountain, a pillar etc), place your smartphone accordingly to enhance the lines and perspective.
– lazy photographers don’t get much in return; make the picture, do not simply take one. Think about all the elements in the photo and how they complement each other; control your background and your foreground, check the light and use it to define the mood of your image.